The dance moves you will see during Grand Prix

Be a dancing queen or a dancing bean

Ah, spring is in the air, the end of school is around the corner, Mario is passed out on the lawn in front of the Union, and betrayed Cactus cups are scattered throughout campus. These signs can only mean one thing — Grand Prix.

The greatest spectacle in racing continues at full force as always, but there is one thing we all know we need to address: dancing. I have seen it all and I have been blinded. Here are some dance moves you may see — or you may find yourself using — during this week.

Feel free to put on any song you would like to listen to while enjoying this GIF guide, but I recommend the classic Bubble Butt for the full effect of the art that is about to follow.

“Too cool for school, but feeling the beat”

Don’t hide it. Feel it, brotha.

The “I’m here to only pick up chicks” dance

Stop, drop, and don’t make eye contact or he’ll walk over.

The classic “hip thrust”

Untz untz untz untz

“I took Zumba once”

“Shakira, please don’t hurt anyone.”

“Dad didn’t want me to ever get a boyfriend/girlfriend”

“Back in my days, the sprinkler was all the rage!”

“Awkward drunk couple” dance

Uncomfortable? Yes. Cute? Mmm, maybe not.

“Twerk twerk twerk twerk twerk”

Like you don’t work work work work work.

“Wait, please stop with the twerkage”

Calm down. For the love of God, please calm down.

Take notes and dance like a normal person. If anything, dance like Taylor Swift or that one girl in the music video for Friday. They know how to dance. Be like them. Be proud like them.

I have a question for you, what is your go to dance move? Feel free to guess mine (I mean, twerking brah), but share your findings through any means of comments. Dance on!

Purdue University