Princeton Police take middle schooler into custody for threatening to ‘shoot up the school’

He made a ‘terroristic threat’ against students at John Witherspoon school

A middle schooler has been arrest for threatening to ‘shoot up’ his campus at John Witherspoon in Princeton.

Although a police investigation revealed he did not have any access to firearms, he has been taken into custody and placed on a monitoring bracelet.

A Princeton Police spokesperson told The Tab:

“On May 11, 2017, Princeton Police received a report of terroristic threats levied against the students and school by a fellow John Witherspoon School student. The student was overheard saying he was going to obtain a firearm and ‘shoot up the school tomorrow.’ Once school officials became aware of the threat they immediately contacted Princeton Police. Our investigation revealed that the student did not have access to any firearms, however the investigation has resulted in one juvenile subject being taken into custody and being placed on a monitoring bracelet by juvenile intake authorities while the incident remains under investigation. The school has been declared as safe and Princeton Police will provide additional patrols. Chief Sutter would like to thank the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office for their assistance and also credits the prompt and professional response by the John Witherspoon School staff. The Princeton Police Department and Princeton Schools have been working together to ensure a safe, secure learning environment exists on all of our campuses.”

Princeton University Hide Images