The Princeton Club in NYC has changed the name of the Woodrow Wilson room
It’s now called Nassau 1756
New York’s Princeton Club has renamed the Woodrow Wilson dining room to “Nassau 1756.”
Princeton’s response has been mixed in stripping Wilson’s name from campus – they kept the name of the school, but removed a mural. The Princeton Club has followed suit – it has changed the name of a dining room, but from the look of their site, a painting of Wilson still hangs in the club (see above photo).
A marketing blurb on their site confirms Nassau 1756 was “formerly known as the Woodrow Wilson Room” and will reopen next week.
We have contacted the Princeton Club for comment, and will update when they respond.