These are the places you need to visit before graduating Pitt

If you haven’t been to these places, you’re really missing out

Pittsburgh is a fun city filled with amazing museums, historic landmarks, and fun activities everywhere. From museums to Instagrammable locations, Pittsburgh is an artistic hub of many cultural experiences.

After graduation, many of us will move back to our hometown, or even to another new place. Here of some of the places Pitt students must take advantage of before graduating. If not, you're missing out.

Andy Warhol Museum

Image may contain: Art, Person, People, Human

Located in Pittsburgh's North Side, the Andy Warhol Museum is a great place to learn more about the art, history, and culture of the area. Known for Campbell's Soup and pop art, Warhol's museum is filled with interesting exhibits like nowhere else. Not only did Warhol used to live in South Oakland, but he also went to our neighboring college at CMU. This museum is not only FREE admission with your Pitt ID, but also counts for OCC credit! Ready, set, GO!

The view from the top of the Cathedral of Learning

Image may contain: Downtown, Urban, Town, City, Building, Scenery, Outdoors, Nature, Landscape, Aerial View

Obviously Cathy is one of the best and most beautiful attractions on Oakland's campus. Maybe you have been there to study or go to class, but have you really gone and appreciated the architecture and admired the view from the top floor? If not, you should.

Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens

It's time to glow! Our breathtaking Winter Flower Show and Light Garden is open until 11 p.m. to dazzle you with beautiful botany and stunning lights against Pittsburgh's iconic Oakland skyline. Drop in for a stroll through the splendor — tickets are available now! ? © Paul g. Wiegman #PhippsHoliday #phipps #phippsconservatory #Pittsburgh

A post shared by Phipps Conservatory (@phippsconservatory) on Dec 1, 2017 at 8:52am PST

Located right near Pitt's campus in Oakland, Phipps Conservatory is in the heart of Schenley Park. Not only does Phipps has beautiful gardens, plants and flowers but they also have an amazing Christmas light show that is starting very soon. It is a great time to go, and to make it even better, if you are of age you can get a glass of wine or beer to enjoy while you're admiring the displays.

Mattress Factory

Image may contain: Leisure Activities, Dance Pose, Dance, Silhouette, Modern Art, Art, Person, People, Human

This is another great modern art museum located in the North Side, free with Pitt ID, and counts for OCC credit as well. Filled with a beautiful sculpture garden, alleyway murals, and wacky exhibits inside, the museum is always having fun new installations as well as having some iconic permanent ones also. Even if you don't necessarily absolutely love contemporary art, the museum has a great cafe, shop, and is all around photo-worthy. If nothing else, do it for the gram!

Mount Washington Incline

Image may contain: Urban, Town, City, Building, Outdoors, Night

The Mt. Washington Incline is a historic Pittsburgh landmark that leads up the best view of the city skyline. It is a beautiful spot at night to go and hang out, or even during the day too. This is another great must-do activity that is, again, free with your Pitt ID. Happy exploring!

University of Pittsburgh