My dog is my child and I’m not afraid to admit it

Yes I call myself mom

Having a dog is a huge responsibility and caring for a puppy is almost as tough as caring for an infant.

They need to be walked every day so they get exercise and don’t shit all over your house. They need to be fed. They need to be given water. Most importantly, they needs lots of cuddles.

Dog moms and dads everywhere know and understand what it takes to be a puppy parent. While the 3-6 month old range can be about as bad as a human baby’s terrible two’s, the snuggles and loyalty are totally worth it in the end.

If you have a fur baby of your own, there are a few things you know.

They’ll follow you everywhere

Your puppy will never leave your side and will get very, very upset if you leave the house or go to a room they can’t enter. This will end in door scratching, barking and whining.

Even if you go outside for a walk, you probably won’t have to worry about a leash. They’ll make sure they’re at least somewhat close to you at all times.

They require lots of snuggles

If you don’t pick them up and cuddle them, they will jump on you until you do. It’s a lot like a kid screaming “up!!!” to their mom or dad. The only difference is that you are the mom or dad, and your baby pees outside.

They’ll sleep in your bed if not on top of you

I wasn’t kidding about the cuddling. If your dog sleeps with you (which, admit it, they do) then they probably sleep literally on top of your body. They know they can get away with anything, and who doesn’t love morning puppy cuddles?

They’ll get jealous of other animals around you

If you’re surrounded by a bunch of other puppies, don’t be surprised if yours climbs right over them and onto your lap. They are as protective of you as you are of them – in fact, they’re jealous – and will always need to be closest to you.

You’ll protect them from danger

If your dog isn’t getting along with someone else’s dog or doesn’t like a person that keeps petting them, its you to the rescue. You might even be at the dinner table, but you will save them from the chaos and they will find safety right on your lap.

They will essentially be your entire snapchat story

Who needs food or friends when you have the world’s cutest dog? Your snap friends know your dog pretty well, and maybe even find him annoying.

Yes, Instagram too

You know the drill.

And finally, they’ll give you tons of kisses

Mouth kisses don’t bother a real mom.

University of Pittsburgh