Here’s why you should care about Russia interfering with our election

If you don’t care about Russia, I don’t care about those emails

Donald J. Trump is going to be our next president. Unless there is a massive revolt in the Electoral College, nothing will change that.

It has been long suspected that Russia was responsible for the hacks of the DNC.  Recently, the CIA has said that Russia influenced the election, with the specific goal of helping Trump win. If this is true, this is “yuge.”

Never in the history of America has a foreign power interfered with our election.  Donald Trump, of course, has brushed this off, which is unusual as bipartisan support for an investigation into the matter grows.  In an interview, he said, “I think it’s just another excuse. I don’t believe it. I don’t know why and I think it’s just — you know, they talked about all sorts of things. Every week it’s another excuse…No, I don’t believe that at all…They have no idea if it’s Russia or China or somebody. It could be somebody sitting in a bed some place. I mean they have no idea.”

Essentially, Trump is saying that we shouldn’t believe what the CIA is saying.  Interesting.

For some reason, many of his supporters just don’t care. I guarantee that if Clinton won, and it was revealed that Russia may have helped, they would all be losing their minds. I guess when a foreign government is accused of hacking a politician you don’t agree with, it’s not a problem as long as your politician wins.

It is NOT OK to simply not care that an enemy most likely hacked a major political organization to influence an election.

I believe that Russia influenced this election. I hope the CIA finds evidence to prove me wrong. It makes sense, though, that Russia would want to help Trump. He has praised Putin, even though Putin makes his rivals go on permanent vacations, defends Russia’s actions, and has proposed solutions to problems that will benefit Russia. Trump is basically Russia’s puppet. Also, the only hacks were of Clinton and the DNC, which helped Trump, who has been more pro-Russia than past candidates.

To anyone who still does not care, I’ll leave you with this. We have spent so much time talking about Benghazi (the committee on which has shut down) and how Clinton caused those events (not true), and her emails(which she was careless in handling, but that was the worst of it). Trump and his cabinet appointees have many ties to Russia, and we should be wary, especially if the CIA is so confident that Russia played a role in getting Trump elected. If you don’t care about any of this, and you call yourself an American, you should be ashamed. You are what’s wrong with this country.

University of Pittsburgh