Equality march turns into Trump protest

The organizers claimed this was “NOT an anti trump march.” They failed

On Wednesday night, over 1000 people gathered in front of the Cathedral to march for equality.  The organizers said that the march was organized “because we care about one another no matter our gender, skin color, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnicity” according to the Facebook event.

The group left the Cathedral around 9:10.  As they passed Towers, the message of the group changed.  They started chanting “No Trump! No KKK, no racist USA!”

So much for anti Trump.

I was hoping that the Trump chant was just a one time thing, because protesting Trump won’t change the fact that he will be sworn in on January 20th.

Once the group got to Carlow University, they started chanting “Hey hey, ho ho, Donald Trump has got to go!”

Come on, guys.  Literally ALL you had to do was focus on the message of the march- supporting the minorities in all walks of life.  I understand that Trump may have policies that harm minorities, but we don’t know for sure as he hasn’t been inaugurated yet.

He’s already flip flopped so there is a decent chance that minorities won’t have to worry.  If Trump tries to change that, it should be protested AFTER he is sworn in.

Video by Constantino Flouras

University of Pittsburgh