Bon Jovi rocked Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall tonight

He had an unexpected surprise

Earlier tonight, a crowd of 500+ braved the cold to see Bon Jovi at Soldiers and Sailors Hall.  His performance was part of Hillary’s “Get Out and Vote” campaign.

I got in line around 4:40, and there were around 100 people in front of me.  It was cold, and only got colder.

Doors were supposed to open at 6:30.  The people in front of the line were singing and chanting “Let us in!” The doors eventually opened at 7:05. I realized I was one of the youngest people there, aside from grade school kids.

Attendees wore Hillary Clinton shirts, some with the addition of “Nasty Woman.” Others wore very fitting shirts, with rewritten Bon Jovi lyrics.

Before Bon Jovi took the stage, a campaign volunteer gave a short speech: “We are on the verge of bringing about a momentous movement in this country.  Every vote, we need to go get it.”

Afterward, county executive Rich Fitzgerald spoke.  He said that regardless of who is elected, “we are going to make history.”  He praised former president Clinton and Obama for their handling of the economy.

Then, the man and legend Bon Jovi took the stage.

He performed three of his better-known songs: Who Says You Can’t Go Home, Living On a Prayer and Lost Highway.  His last song was a cover of Here Comes The Sun by the Beatles.

What was Bon Jovi’s big surprise?  He brought former president Bill Clinton on stage.

He spoke about how important this election is and why Hillary is the most qualified person to run this country.  He finished his speech, shook lots of hands and left.

Although I wish Bon Jovi had a longer set, the event was totally worth skipping a class to attend.

University of Pittsburgh