Frenchi’s Deli is holding an event to benefit the homeless

It’s called FRENCHI 1Meal 1Love

Everyone at Pitt loves Frenchi’s Deli. From the great food to Frenchi being the nicest person ever, it’s everyone’s favorite snack stop. They also have very fair pricing and are open 24 hours on the weekends (more reasons to love it).

As if Frenchi’s could get any better, Frenchi has decided to hold an event to benefit the homeless around Oakland. The event will take place Sunday, October 23 at his deli at 1pm. Volunteers will be asked to split up into groups to distribute food and clothing.

H2P!!!!

A photo posted by Come Try Our Delicious Subs ? (@frenchisdeli) on Oct 1, 2016 at 9:54pm PDT

“We will bag sandwiches and snacks from Frenchi’s Deli and I invite people to do the same to help us. I will go through my closet and give some thick clothes and shoes [to the homeless]. We will bag things up and go around Oakland and give them to the homeless,” Frenchi told us.

This idea stemmed from a video he saw on Facebook:

Frenchi told us that the video make him cry and then realize how greedy and selfish people can be sometimes.

“So I look around my store I told myself you know what, I could make some subs and snacks and give them to the homeless- make them feel like that are not alone- we see them and as a human being any one of us could inspire another to do good.”

This event will not be the only one.

“I want us to do that more often specially during the winter, distribute soup, a hot meal or coffee to the homeless.”

Feed the poor plz!!! 10/15/2016 @ Frenchisdeli 449 atwood st 15213! We Will post the time soon…your help count ?

A photo posted by Come Try Our Delicious Subs ? (@frenchisdeli) on Oct 4, 2016 at 11:04pm PDT

French’s idea is wonderful, but he can’t do it alone! He is asking that volunteers come and support the cause. The Tab Pitt will be there assisting with the event.

If you would like to donate, Frenchi is accepting food items, warm clothing, money and volunteers to help prepare food and distribute.

Check back here for more updates.

University of Pittsburgh