So we’re not Rose Bowl champions… who cares?

The 2016 season was still incredible

Monday night, the Nittany Lions faced the USC Trojans in one of the most anticipated games of the season. Unfortunately, with a final score of 52-49, the Lions lost by a mere three points in a devastating turn of events at the very end of the game. But honestly, do we even care? The 2016 season was amazing — with or without the Rose Bowl.

Penn State started the season off a little rocky. The loss to Pitt damaged our ego just a little bit. However, just a few games later, we did the unthinkable and beat Ohio State which was one of the most satisfying moments of the year.

screen-shot-2017-01-03-at-9-41-30-am

From that game on, the Nittany Lions were on everyone’s radar. We went on to win every other game of the regular season and eventually became Big Ten Champions—a very coveted title.

There was hope that the Nittany Lions proved themselves enough to land a spot in the playoffs, but we were snubbed out for a spot by teams like Ohio State, who couldn’t even make it onto the score board at the Fiesta Bowl this past weekend.

screen-shot-2017-01-03-at-9-31-09-am

So maybe things didn’t go exactly as every Penn State fan hoped at the Rose Bowl, but it was still a really intense and exciting game to watch. The Lions really proved themselves this year and we are more than ready to see what the 2017 season has to offer.

Now the countdown begins for our next taste of Penn State Football in the spring for the annual Blue and White game. How are we supposed to wait that long?

Penn State