What it’s really like working at the bars Halloweekend

Nothing like serving car bombs to Harley Quinn

Halloweekend – when students flock to the bars and dress in costume for four nights in a row.

However what you don’t hear about is what its like to experience Halloween when you work at a bar. As a waitress at the Phryst, I can say that Halloweekend is a unique experience. From spooky Suicide Squad Jokers to creative and out of the box costumes, I saw everything this weekend.

Here are just a few of my highlights from Halloweekend from behind the bar.

Every night is a different costume (and adventure)x

Each night this weekend I spent about an hour and a half to get into costume and makeup. Each night we had a different look and got to dress up. I went through face paint, corsets and more and looked awesome while doing it. It’s also super exciting to see all your co-worker friends dressed up for a theme. Suicide Squad night was my favorite.

You see every possible type of costume

When you work at a bar you see everything from Freddie Krueger to CatDog from Nickelodeon. Popular costumes included angels, devils and sports players. I also saw a lot of Harley Quinn from the Suicide Squad movie.

You will take on another identity

Saturday night I became Harley Quinn. When I served someone they would often say “thanks Harley.” I almost found it appropriate to say “You’re welcome puddin’,” because why not

You realize there’s more to Halloween then sexy and slutty costumes

That’s right I said it, you don’t have to dress slutty every time for Halloween. When I was dressing up this Halloween it was more about looking the part for my job and slaying my costume, because it pulls together easier than trying to make every costume in your closet sexy.

It’s the best Halloweekend you’ll ever have 

Although I wasn’t rallying with the rest of PSU and sharing drunken memories, the memories I made with my Phryst crew made for one of best Halloweekends ever. I had fun dressing up an listening to the crowd of PSU college students. Picture day was the greatest and what’s better than getting into costume four nights in a row?

Halloween it’s been real. Until next year (or should I say next weekend).

Boo.

Penn State