Jill Stein opens the platform for third party candidates at her talk on campus

Heritage Hall got some refreshing political encouragement

Jill Stein encouraged students to reject the feeling of powerlessness and search for a candidate they want to vote for when she spoke at Heritage Hall Wednesday, September 21.

“We live in a democracy we have more than two deadly choices and we can stand up for the democracy that we need,” she said.

“We need a government that is working for us. It is our democracy that is under threat. Our rights are under attack.”

Stein then launched her platform to the student body, her beliefs include standing for a cleaner environment, settling immigration and race problems and restoring our economy.

Stein is the running candidate for the Green Party and she also ran in 2008 for her party. She has gained recognition from Bernie supporters and many more.

Students who found Stein after Bernie left the election and many Green Party members participated in this event. Before the event started the students and Green Party expressed their concern for this election and what is going to turn out in the ballot in November.

Members of the Green Party were encouraging others that every vote counts and that we can make a change in the policy.

As Stein came on she reminded students of the issues she stands for and how she plans to turn this country around.

Stein believes our economy is still in need of repair she mentioned the jobs that we currently have are temporary part-time jobs not long lasting jobs that will improve this economy. She wants to improve this “economic crisis”.

Stein also touched on the issue of immigration and challenged what other candidates have said about this policy.

“So we say to Donald Trump we don’t need a freaking wall, we need to stop invading other countries,” she said.

She claimed she wants to create a welcoming platform for citizenship in America and lessen our military budget so we can use it on resources back at home.

She also wants to change climate policy so Americans don’t have to rely on oil and can have a cleaner environment. Stein said that if we change the climate policy and work to eliminate fossil fuels it will insure itself because Americans will have overall better health.

Lastly, she reminded the students and Green Party supporters that they have more of a choice than Trump or Hilary.

“72 percent of America does not know about our campaign. But the public does not like Hilary or Trump even though their supporters really aren’t for them,” Stein said.

She reminded us that instead of voting for the “lesser of two evils” that we should vote for the greater of the good.

Penn State