What to expect at your first Penn State tailgate

WE ARE

Tailgates, the thrill of the football weekend and hands down the main event. A Penn State game would be nothing without the tailgating experience. You will bond with your friends while shotgunning a beer and taking blue and white Jell-O shots.

Be it the vast array of games or the delicious food, the tailgate is a guaranteed way to get you hyped for the football. Here’s everything  you should expect at your first tailgate:

Friendly alumni who will show you Penn State pride

Penn State is a tradition that lives on and on. The alumni want students to celebrate the blue and white, JoePa’s legacy and Penn State football. They’ll tell you stories of their college youth, take shots with you or make awesome mimosas for you and your friends.

One word: FOOD

One of the best parts of a tailgate is the food. There will be everything from hotdogs and hamburgers to buffalo chicken dip. It’s impossible to go hungry at a tailgate because there’s so much food and it’s all amazing.

Brush up on your cornhole skills

One of the big parts of a tailgate is the games, there’s nothing worse than playing cornhole and letting your teammate down because you keep missing. The exact same can be said for beer pong, just try your best not to be that guy.

You don’t need a ticket for the tailgate

It’s guaranteed that if you show up to the tailgate you’ll still feel like part of the game. Even if you didn’t get season tickets you can still go to the tailgate and have a great time. Honestly, a lot of the time the tailgate is better than the game and you’ll just want to stay to drink and eat the food.

Expect to get a nice tan (or a terrible sunburn)

You will be in the sun for a while so it is very possible you may have some awkward tan lines after the game. Don’t worry, it’ll be worth it.

It’s a tradition that keeps giving 

Penn State tailgates are a truly memorable experience, once you attend one it becomes a tradition, enjoy it for all four years.

Penn State