Everything you missed in Happy Valley this week

We got a break from football… finally

Perhaps you spent the last week hunkering down for those final exams before Thanksgiving break. Or maybe you attempted to do something outdoorsy again while the weather continues on this miraculous hot streak.

You probably have just checked out with a week to go before our first break of the year and are already thinking about all the Thanksgiving food and having your Mom do your laundry again.

What ever your reason, The Tab is here to help recap the week for you from the Happiest of Valleys.

First Weekend Without Penn State Football

For the first time all season, we got a week without Penn State Football. And maybe that is a good thing. We could all use of break from the frustrating play calls of John Donovan and the poor clock management of James Franklin. This football team continues to play below expectations and a week off was definitely welcomed.

This doesn’t mean that Penn Staters are taking a week off from our usual antics.

However now we know about the time of next weeks game

Next week’s Senior Night game, the game we all voted for for the White Out, the game where Jim Hurbaugh brings his khakis into Beaver Stadium for the first time as the Michigan coach kicks off at 8pm under the lights!

Wait the game isn’t at 8?……IT’S AT NOON???!?!?!?! 

How could you do this to us Penn State? This is our final home game of the year. Parents are coming into town for their final tailgates and to pick up their kids for break. This is our last chance to hang out in the glorious November weather that will never happen again. In a game where we need all of the magical atmosphere of the White Out under the lights to help us will our beloved Lions to victory and yet we get screwed with a noon kick off.

Thanks Penn State. This is a nice going away present…

There are sports other than PSU Football here on campus

It has been a good week for Penn State Men’s Basketball. Earlier in the week, they secured the best recruiting class in program history, and the 6th best class in the nation for 2016.

But there is a season to play here first before the young guns come in. The team got off to a solid start on Saturday afternoon when the beat VMI 62-50.

Fall is the best season

This week brought a little bit of the colder weather back into town. There really is nothing better than sitting down with a hot cup of coffee or cocoa and watching Netflix or studying. Sure you can go to Starbucks, but if you want to avoid that stupid red cup controversy, there are much better, cozier, non-holiday controversy filled places to go to get your fix. Check out this beautiful Latte art.

Winter is coming so we have to stock up on all our fall treats before the season ends. The farmers’ market downtown is still brimming with gorgeous fruits and veggies asking to be purchased for your very own Friendsgiving recipes.
And of course with the bye week it opens up the opportunity for the best Penn State tradition of daylongs. Look at that dude mean mugging in the back.

Penn State students abroad confirmed safe

Amidst the tragedy in Paris on Friday November 13th, all Penn State students studying in France were confirmed to be safe. Our thoughts go out to France and all family and friends of those affected.

Even Uber had a special tribute to the victims

Penn State penn state