Athletes tell us why they get more girls than frat boys

‘It’s 100 percent easier to get girls as an athlete. Girls love it’

You know one when you see one: College backpack, bag tags and the fancy Nike-issued gear.  It’s so easy to pick out an athlete anywhere on your campus.

Ever wonder if they notice chicks staring and giggling with their friends when they walk by?  Or just how much attention they actually receive from the ladies?

I talked to a few popular athletes to find out just how hard life can be with tens of thousands of girls at your disposal.

Would you agree that some girls have a specific taste for the athletes, you know, “jersey chasers?”

Athlete 1: (Nods head and smiles) Yeah, I would say so.

Athlete 2: Absolutely.  I can’t pick them out of a crowd, but they sure can pick us out of the crowd. They’re always lurking around and approaching us.

About how many times per week do girls “slide into your DMs” on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.?

Athlete 1: Well in regards to Twitter, not very often because I have to be following them first before they can DM me. On Instagram, way more often. Maybe five per week.

Athlete 2: Anywhere from two to four per week. I get most of my messages on Twitter, but sometimes on Instagram, too.

Do they try to flirt and chat, or do they usually get right to the point and say “let’s hookup?”

Athlete 1: Some of the girls want to chat and have a conversation, but there are definitely some of them that just get right to the point if you know what I mean.

Athlete 2: It depends.  Usually, they hint pretty early on at what they want from you. But nobody, at least to me, has been straight up and just said “let’s fuck.” It’s obviously not hard to see where they’re trying to go with it.

What determines whether or not you respond to these girls?

Athlete 1: (Smiles) If they look good I’ll respond to them. I like to make sure that they’re real first because some pages are fake. Once I know they’re legit, I might answer.

Athlete 2: I mean, I don’t respond to a lot of them. There are a few that are attractive which is who I’ll respond to. Most of the time, these aren’t the kinds of girls that I’m trying to talk to.

Do these girls ever wind up being the ones you “hookup” with?

Athlete 1: (Giggles) Not really. Sometimes, but not really.

Athlete 2: Only on one occasion. It’s different if you meet them beforehand and then they DM you. In that case, I’ve hooked up with probably five or six of them. But the complete randoms aren’t the ones that I’m getting with.

How many girls/times per week are you hooking up?

Athlete 1: I usually only hookup on the weekends and it can be anywhere from two to four different girls.

Athlete 2: We are so busy during the week with practice and class, so I really only hookup once or twice a week. Sometimes girls come over during the week when I have free time, but I really only go out Friday and Saturday and that’s when I get the most girls.

Would you say its easier to get girls as an athlete than lets say a frat guy or a GDI?

Athlete 1: It’s 100 percent easier to get girls as an athlete. Girls love it. Frat guys only really have girls all over them when they’re trying to get into their parties. And even then, they still don’t always get them. I’m a talented athlete seven days a week, frat guys have their spotlights on Thirsty Thursdays.

Athlete 2: I definitely think it easier as an athlete.  If I ever feel like hooking up, I can. It comes down to “Who am I trying to get with?” Theres plenty of girls on campus who would hook up with an athlete just to go tell their friends and brag about it. Frat guys don’t have that, point blank.

With making it pro one day in mind, how do you “play it safe” when it comes to alcohol, partying and girls?

Athlete 1: You just have to be careful. Most of the time the guys all go out together anyway so we look out for each other.   Sometimes you have to give some brotherly advice while we’re out at parties.

Athlete 2: I’m less conscious about it than I should be. I need to look out for the photos people take of me for the future and stuff.  Basically, “have some chill” and not run down the street half naked. I need to blend in especially at the frats because everyone always knows who the athletes are at frat parties. Its more comfortable partying with just the athletes with no one else around and the risk is equal for all of us.

Has receiving this kind of attention changed your outlook on sex/relationships?

Athlete 1: I’ve just realized that sex can be an object if it’s not with the right person.   Some of these girls aren’t looking to get married; they just want to tell their friends that they had sex with an athlete. Others want to date me just because of the fact that I am an athlete. I need to find the one who is into me for me and then we’ll see what happens.

Athlete 2: Not really, I still like getting to know people and building something beyond friendships. Generally, I can’t even look for a serious relationship because I’m so busy. If I ever had a girlfriend in college, we would have to do our own things because of my schedule. But, girls get so needy, so this is hard to find. It’s much easier to just not date right now.

And there you have it.  It’s not always easy being the center of attention.  Athletes need to lay low (while getting laid) and keep their sex lives low key to avoid any problems until they graduate.

Until then, stay incognito- we all still love seeing you dancing at parties with your shirts off.

Penn State national-us