These people have done horrible things for a Natty Light

From make-outs to boobs to who the hell knows what else, students confess what they’ve done for a beer

It’s around 1am and you’ve arrived at your destination in frat land. You’re already not too excited about this, because by popular GDI opinion, frat parties are only truly fun when you’re on the verge of blacking out and don’t really know what’s going on.

Because sometimes rubbing your body against unknown humans, singing to songs you normally hate, watching sorority sisters take selfies and drinking quite questionable things just isn’t your scene.

But of course, your drink of choice, the nectar of the gods: Natty Light.

Going to Penn State, a university famous for tailgating all day and partying all night, wouldn’t be the same without our dearest Natty.

Most  students are probably familiar with those nights where the pre-game didn’t really succeed, the water bottle of Vlad was left at home and, maybe, just maybe, if you could get one last beer, things would be alright.

We asked students anonymously – what’s the craziest thing you’ve done for a beer? (Keep in mind: A beer meaning Natty Light in most cases, which when it comes down to it is worth around 50 cents per beer when bought in a 30 pack).

So, how far have you gone?

• “I’ve made out with at least three of my best friends, who were girls. And showed my boobs. And also paid a guy one time. Ugh.”
  • “I had to tell knock-knock jokes until they laughed.”
  • “I’ve had to kiss all of the guys behind the bar on the cheek – like five of them. And then once I got the beer, I had to chug it to get another.”
  • “I showed my boobs for beer… but, like, not one beer. Like, three.”

• “I had to play Trivia Crack for beer. I stood there all night – it was more fun than the party itself.”
  • “One guy made me name the capitals of these ridiculous random countries. I had no idea. Plus I was drunk so it was twice as hard.”
  • “Literally crawled on the bar to get it.”
  • “I had to lick my friends face… she had to ‘like it.’”
  • “Offered a make-out. He said no, they were still out of beer.”
  • “I told them my cousin was in the IFC and I’d report them if they didn’t give me beer.”

• “Decided to forgo the beer and just grab three handles, put them in our frackets and casually walk out.”
  • “I told them I’m their president.”
  • “Volunteered a friend as tribute to kiss a pledge while we grabbed the beer.”
  • “I told them I’m a porn star and continued to make up a name and storyline. I even showed them my ‘videos.’ They believed it, which I don’t think is a very good thing.”
  • “Someone convinced me that they worked with my mom and that they secretly were going to give her a raise. He said things such as, ‘Jody? Do I know her, I love her! She’s the best in the business.’ I believed him and kept feeding into his comments until I drunkenly called my mom and made her look him up in the system. He was nowhere – he just wanted a beer.”

And, from frat-boy perspective: when you’re running out and the power is in your hands – what do you have people do or have seen people do?

• “Basically just having girls make out. Showing boobs is probably the worst.”
  • “We ask them what our house letters are. The kicker is the letters are ingrained in our bar and also posted above the bar. All the person needs to do is look up or down, yet still 7/10 people get them wrong. Also sometimes we ask riddles such as ‘what gets wetter as it dries?’ or other simple ones like that. Ultimately they’ll get a beer anyway, but simple things like that make the night even more fun.”
  • “One time a girl and her friend came up for a beer, and I said no. The one friend walks away. The girl remaining says she’ll do anything for a beer, and I say ‘whatever.’ She told me to give her my hand, and then takes my hand and shoves it down her shirt (obviously making me feel her tits) and saying, ‘Do you like these, huh?’ I still didn’t give her a beer, but I got her number.”

So, there you have it. At the end of the day, we’re a bunch of desperate fiends going through drastic measures in order to obtain the trashiest beer in the country.

But we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Penn State