Some guy lost his toe in Bamboo Bar on Saturday

St A’s party turns bloody

Last Saturday those attending Pool Party at Bamboo Bar, the venue largely recognized as “the place where good decisions go to die”, got a little more drama than they’d paid entry for.

As other partygoers danced to endless cycles of top 50 tracks and attempted to determine just how much alcohol the human body is capable of containing, one male student at the event lost a bit more than his inhibitions – as his toe was cut off.

Sophomore Julia, an eyewitness on the dancefloor who saw the aftermath, told The Tab: “I didn’t see the incident happen, but I did see a guy sitting off to the side with lots of cloth wrapped around his foot, and there was a huge puddle of blood on the floor that security was keeping people from stepping in.

“I noticed him again outside with two girls holding his leg up in the air to keep the blood draining backwards, but I thought it was just a really bad cut. I don’t know anything else for sure except that the lost toe was confirmed.”

She added: “I’m no expert, but practically speaking, it would be really hard to just lose a middle toe, and completely fracturing the bone of the big toe would be really hard. Also, really painful. I would guess if that bone snapped you probably would pass out from the pain. I heard that there was glass involved, but I find it really hard to believe that a shard of a broken beer bottle could actually sever a bone.”

Since that night, the story of the lost toe has spread faster than the Freshman 15 after Thanksgiving, and everyone across campus has started looking a lot more carefully at where they step, hoping to show up to class with all their body parts attached.

We have contacted Bamboo Bar for comment, and we send out our sympathies to the male student involved.

UPenn: Penn