Oregon is one of the best value for money schools in America

This news is worth sharing at the dinner table

The University of Oregon is one of the best value for money schools in the nation, according to a new ranking.

We were ranked among the top value colleges along with schools such as Colorado, UCLA and ASU to get to our spot of 299 out of 1200 in the US as ranked by Kiplinger, a business publisher based in Washington DC.

Kiplinger revealed the top colleges that give value for money, a ranking based on data on admissions, the total cost of studying there, financial aid available, debt upon graduation and expected salary.

To get these results, analysts narrowed down over 1000 four-year institutions into the top 300 public, private and liberal arts schools and categorized them by cost and financial aid measures.

Analysts also calculated the schools’ ranking based on acceptance rate and tuition costs.

Oregon, which has an admissions rate of 74%, a tuition rate of around $46,000 and a four-year graduation rate of 50%, is just ahead of schools like University of Colorado at Boulder, which has an admissions rate of 80% and a four-year graduation rate of 47%.

In addition, analysts also calculated that students graduate with an average $25,000 worth of debt but still make around $41,000 a year after graduation.

Despite recent tuition changes, UO students will leave educated and ready to meet the world after graduation.

University of Oregon