We asked ladies at UO what they really want for Valentine’s Day

Hint: chocolate may be involved

It’s only a few days before Valentine’s day, and boys listen up: your girls are excited to spend time with you. Even though the most romantic day of the year falls during midterms, it’s still important to recognize and appreciate your significant other.

Not sure what your special lady might like? We asked women at UO what they really want from their significant others this year:

Flowers from Rhythm & Blooms

Rhythm and bloom= happy girl

Fellas, you can never go wrong with handing your lady a beautiful bundle of her favorite flowers. It makes her feel special and it’s a great go-to that’s been well-known for decades. Pro tip: you can hit up Rhythm and Blooms on 5th Street!

Tacos from Tacovore

Nothing says love like a juicy taco

Put a spin on the traditional heart shaped box of chocolates and fill it with tacos. Or even better, take her to Tacovore on Blair Blvd. Nothing says happiness like a plate full of tacos and a smiling girlfriend!

Cuddle up and watch a movie

Which one to choose?

Time to grab some popcorn and go see 50 Shades Darker! Whichever movie you decide to see, make sure it’s one that you and your girlfriend are excited to watch. Sometimes a good laugh or cry is the perfect ending to a perfect V-day.

Hiking Spencer’s Butte

A romantic view

If your girlfriend enjoys spending time outdoors, go for a hike up Spencer’s Butte or Mount Pisgah. A scenic hike, the beautiful view makes for a great place for a picnic while watching the sunset.

Chocolate dipped strawberries from Safeway

Chocolate. That is all

Let’s face it, fruit dipped in chocolate will never go out of style. When you walk into Safeway on East 18th Avenue, the best looking strawberries are right there at the entrance for you to pick from. They’re made fresh daily and make for a delicious and romantic snack during your movie night.

A handwritten letter

The best kind of letter is from the heart

Shakespeare was the king of making the ladies swoon with his words of love. Even though the big day comes in the middle of week 6, one of the best ways to show your affection towards your partner is taking the time to write out what you feel. Send it in the mail or leave it on the coffee table for her to see in the morning, she’ll feel the love.

A cat

‘Meow!’

As funny as it sounds, girls love their furry animals. If you want to make this year’s gift unique, put a bow around the neck of a little kitten in need of a home! Local adoption places such S.A.R.A.’s is just one of the few places in Eugene that can help you pick out the perfect furry present. Just make sure to check with her living situation first before bringing home her new companion.

Jewelry

Can’t go wrong with jewelry

Guys, it doesn’t have to be an expensive diamond ring or necklace, but rather something subtle. Choose something that will have the most meaning to your girlfriend. From downtown to the Valley River Center, it’s always the thought that counts that makes any piece of jewelry special. But hey, a diamond is a girl’s best friend!

Your time

Together time is the best time

This might be obvious, but even if you’re in the middle of tests and on Valentine’s day, just taking some time to call your girlfriend, or kiss her before you leave means the world to her. There is nothing more romantic than a woman’s partner remembering to tell her how special she is to him.

University of Oregon