A definitive list of everything you can do instead of watching the Inauguration

Watching Netflix is always a good idea

The Inauguration has been a hot topic of conversation since the election, and the new President-elect has left people with a mixture of different emotions. In response to the uncertainty instilled upon many Americans, some people have opted to skip watching the Presidential Inauguration.

For those who don’t care to watch the swearing in of the President-elect, here are some things you can do:

Netflix

Because Netflix fixes all problems

There’s nothing better than watching your favorite show to cover up your emotions. Netflix washes all your worries away, and who doesn’t like hunkering down with some snacks on a Friday evening.

Go to class

Class= key to take over the world

While it’s tempting to dwell in emotion, going to class can give a new perspective on how we as students can create change.

Take a hike

Running away from my problems

Exercise can help relieve stress from the body, and can clear the brain. Even though you can’t control everything around you, exercise provides an opportunity to look at things in a different way .

Drink

1, 2, 3 drink up

After you’ve come back from a healthy dose of exercise, why not wind down and drain your sorrows in a nice bottle of rum?  Let that zen feeling kick in.

Sleep

Dreaming of an ideal country

Sleeping clears the mind and can we can have a fresh perspective when we wake up. Relax and take a deep breath, it’s going to be okay.

In the midst of all the controversy, it’s important to take care of yourself. No matter if you watch the Inauguration or not, there’s plenty of things that you can still be a productive citizen.

University of Oregon