UO reacts to possibility of Hillary losing

We asked students if they were worried

Election day is finally upon us and people have been buzzing non-stop about who they believe is going to win the race. Many students gathered at the Mill International Student center to watch this election.

We asked students how confident they feel in Hillary’s odds of winning the presidency:

Tara Burke, third year, Economics

“No, I’m pretty sure Hillary will win’

Shane Keller, Senior, Psychology; Emily Foster, junior, Advertising; Bryan Varga, junior, Product Design

Shane: “Not yet.”

Emily: “Yes and no. Trump has more votes that I expected.”

Bryan: “I think she will be fine, she has about 95 votes coming her way easily still.”

Jacquelyn Vlum, Senior, Political Science

“I’m feeling a lot better now, after she won Virginia. I think we’re all anxious but at this moment almost half way through the night I think her odds are looking pretty good.”

Thuc Vinh, Senior, Advertising

“Yes, I’m kind of nervous for Hillary. I think how the race is going right now is not anything that anyone expected this morning just how tight and close it is. I think everyone here is pretty nervous about how the overall election is going to turn out. We’re just waiting and seeing what happens.”

Billy King, Junior, English

“It’s looking pretty heavily of Trump right now. I’m genuinely scared. I keep thinking of the Supreme Court.”

Bridgette Haynes, Senior, Journalism

“I am fearful because according to the polls she doesn’t seem likely to win. It’s terrifying and I am afraid for my/our future.”

More to follow.

University of Oregon