It’s official, Hollister is the best hometown on Earth

Have you seen our sunsets

A small hometown like Hollister, California is one the perfect places to go when you’re in a slump. From the gorgeous ranches to the fairgrounds, Hollister has some of the best things to offer to any visitor.

Here’s a list of what makes this town completely unforgettable:

The California sun never disappoints

That sunset though

For those of you who are from Cali, you know exactly what I’m talking about. The heat, beautiful blue skies and sunsets making you wish you never had to leave.

High school football is a religion

Who doesn’t love the Friday night lights?

The most exciting part of the school year is when students and their families can spend a Friday night underneath those bright stadium lights cheering on their boys. It’s never a dull moment standing with your friends and celebrating a touch down.

The football players are the hometown heroes who “really brought it home” when playing against the rival team.

Everybody knows everybody

Friends that turn into family

You’ll never go anywhere in Hollister without seeing at least one person you know; it’s like your own personal version of the movie Sweet Home Alabama (more like California).

It takes you forever to run errands because you find yourself getting caught up on the latest gossip from one of your hometown neighbors at the grocery store.

Target is the hangout spot

The wonderland

It’s a Friday night (or any night of the week) and you find yourself somewhat bored; the place to cure this  is Target.

Target’s where many of the youth of Hollister go to shop and meet up with their friends for fun. It’s easy to get to from all directions and it is usually safe to wander around.

There is one local high school everyone goes to

High school love

San Benito High School is the home of the Hollister Hay Balers. Since 1875, around 3,000 students have called this school their home. If you’re part of the football team, cheerleading team or assemble student body team you are usually one of the more recognized students.

You never have to worry about making friends because there is usually a group for everyone to be a part of.

Family is the most important thing

Family= life

In a small town like Hollister, family is always the first priority. Whether it is spending the weekend at soccer or baseball games, being part of the Parent Teacher Association, or attending a graduation you will definitely feel the love of family at all times.

If you’re not in 4-H, you’re doing it wrong

Because who wouldn’t want to be an animal enthusiast?

If you have ever been to a county fair and have seen a kid running around in all white and a green cap and scarf, he or she is in 4-H. 4-H is an agriculture-based organization that allows youths from ages 9 to 19 to become the leaders of tomorrow. Through this program, kids partake in projects such as Public Speaking, Leadership, and Community Service to become better citizens. Of course, you can’t forget the characteristic of raising livestock either.

You are not a true 4-Her if you do not raise a pig, lamb, goat, chicken or steer at least once for the county fair. It teaches kids how to be responsible and take care of another living being for six months.

The rodeo is a family affair

Yeehaw!

When people think of summer time in Hollister, there’s one place on everyone’s mind: the San Benito County Saddle Horse Show, or the Rodeo. Hollister families have been participating in this event for years.

Events include Barrel Racing, Team Roping, and Cattle Sorting to name a few. There’s nothing sweeter than seeing parents riding their horses with their kids because it is a beautiful tradition being handed down to the next generation.

The county fair is the perfect date night

Summer time is fine, am I right

Just as the Rodeo is a popular attraction, so is the County Fair. There’s so much to see in such a short time; from the adorable pigs and cows to the heaviest pumpkin, there’s no reason not to take your significant other to the fair.

What’s more romantic than sitting at the top of a the ferris wheel? Nothing is the short answer.

There is simply no other place like it

#towngoals

The small, rural town of 36,000 is will never disappoint you with its natural beauty and quaint personality. If you haven’t visited before, you should because it’s one of the best hometowns in the world.

University of Oregon