All the emails you delete from your UOregon inbox

We asked students about the ones that never make the cut

We all know the routine of opening or ignoring the countless messages in your inbox. You wake up in the morning and check your emails in search of something worth getting up for – then you see them. The bank statements, calendar invites and endless messages that are totally irrelevant to your daily existence.

More often than not, it’s easy to just delete them all without even opening, whether it is useful or not. When we decide to open them anyways, we almost instantly realize it was a mistake.

Here are some of the emails that students  just don’t care about:

Kaitlyn Mcrae, 20, Journalism

“Anything that’s not relating to school or if it’s advertising something, I just normally kind of avoid. I know I just wouldn’t be interested anyways.”

Rachel Schoeffler, 20, Public Relations and Business

“Most of the emails I delete are advertisements for Victoria’s Secret, The Duck Store or Pink Nation so I don’t spend more money.

“I delete a lot of Linkedin emails because I don’t need to start thinking about my future just yet. I also never open my Bank of America e-statement because who needs a reminder that they’re broke.”

Kelsey Lee, 19, English

“I don’t open any of the emails from websites I shop at like Bath and Body Works or REI. Occasionally, my siblings and I will send prank gifts to each other and I will receive confirmation emails that I would feel embarrassed opening at school.

“I also do not like opening bank statement emails so I can pretend like student loans don’t exist.”

Frankie Mendoza, 23, General Social Sciences

“Today I got an email with a disturbing promiscuous title from a random person I don’t know. Needless to say I deleted that right away.

“Another one I didn’t open was one from the IRIS saying I owed $7,000 in college-back taxes. I knew that one was not legit. Any time Amazon sends me a confirmation email telling me that I just bought books for school that cost $200, I don’t open that either.”

Tyler DiBernardo, 21, General Social Sciences: Economics and Business

“I don’t open anything clothing related. Do I feel bad about it? A little. Pretty much any of the emails from the ASUO don’t get opened either.”

Kassi Damian, 21, Elementary Education

“I don’t open any emails from Petco because I don’t need anymore 70% off sweaters for my dog.”

Matt Albus, 19, Economics

“I don’t open video game related emails because I don’t play video games anymore. But I put my email down for so many video game things before so I get a million of those.

“Also, if I see anything with a percentage I feel like I sort of tune it out because they usually are just trying to sell me something.”

Aubrey Timmons, 18, Interior Architecture

“The ones that I don’t open are the Weekly Schools Update. I also don’t open some of the reminders for Haven or Recent Canvas Notifications.”

Dani Croft, 17, Interior Architecture

“I don’t open any of the Around the O emails when they have the research headlines. I also don’t open any of the updates from Canvas. I also unsubscribed from the Schools App because it was getting annoying.”

Sam Ahlquist, 19, Human Physiology

“The emails I don’t open are the ones called Duckmail, some of the emails from President Schill, and many Canvas notifications.”

Happy deleting everyone!

University of Oregon