BREAKING: Brian Golsby found guilty of all counts in Reagan Tokes murder case

He was charged with nine counts in total

Over one year after Ohio State student Reagan Tokes was found murdered, Brian Golsby has been found guilty on nine counts including "aggravated murder, aggravated robbery, kidnapping, rape, and tampering with evidence", according to The Blade. The verdict comes on what would have been Reagan's 23rd birthday.

Golsby kidnapped Reagan on February 9th following her shift at Bodega, the bar where she worked in the Short North. Reagan's younger sister, Makenzie Tokes, reported her as missing in a tweet when Reagan failed to return to the apartment she shared with roommates later the same day. Police then discovered a body in Scioto Grove Metro Park in Grove City leading many to believe the two incidents could be connected.

In the midst of the investigation, Reagan's uncle confirmed her death in a Facebook post the next day. Following her uncle's statment, police released the identity of the body found in Scioto Grove Metro park as Reagan, stating she likely died from a single gunshot wound. At the time, police did not release any information about a suspect.

Brian Golsby was arrested on February 11, 2017 in connection with the kidnapping, rape and murder of Reagan. Golsby had no connection to her and entered a plea of not guilty.

Golsby's attorney rallied for the trial to be moved outside of Franklin County for fear of bias among jury members due to the massive amount of media attention surrounding the case. Franklin County Judge, Mark Serrot, denied the motion ruling the trial would take place in Columbus. As more information about Golsby was brought to light, he was revealed to be a repeat violent offender who had spent time in and out of jail from a young age. He was also connected to a string of crimes in the German Village area in the months leading up to Reagan's murder.

On March 5th, a jury was seated and presented with opening statements from attorneys. Prosectuor Ron O'Brien went over the evidence entered for the case, giving the jury information on the DNA found on Reagan and in her car, which matched Golsby's. GPS data collected from Golsby's court-ordered ankle monitor placed him at the scene of the crime, as well as two banks where Reagan can be seen on camera withdrawing money.

During the trial, jurors were then taken through Columbus where they re-traced Reagan's final moments. Prosecutors revealed Reagan was kidnapped on the way to her car after work then forced to withdraw money from an ATM, raped and taken to Scioto Grove Metro Park where she was murdered. Golsby attempted to blame an accomplice, who he called "TJ", but prosecutors were unable to confirm his existence.

Earlier today, after five hours of deliberation, the jury found Brian Golsby guilty of his crimes. Reagan's sister called the verdict "a bittersweet birthday gift". Sentencing for Golsby will begin on Friday.

Ohio State