Ohio State student charged with rape in Jones Tower dorm room

Devon Prevost was arrested early Sunday morning for forcing himself on a female student

Ohio State student, Devon Prevost, was arraigned on rape charges this morning and given a $150,000 bond.

According to the female student assaulted by Prevost, he pressured her to continue drinking throughout the night. When the two reached his dorm, the victim realized she was intoxicated and decided she would rather go home.

The victim alleges despite the fact that she wanted to leave, Prevost insisted she should spend the night in his room.

An affidavit obtained by 10TV stated that the woman was able to use her cell phone to contact her roommate for help, but states Prevost wouldn't allow her to take any phone calls she received following her initial cry for help.

When officers arrived they found the female and Prevost leaving in an elevator. The two were separated and then questioned. Prevost was arrested following police questioning.

In a statement given to The Tab by Ben Johnson, the Director of Social Media and Public Relations at OSU, states "In addition to the police investigation, the matter has been referred to Student Conduct for appropriate action under the university’s student disciplinary process."

Johnson goes on to say "Because there is an ongoing investigation, we do not have additional details to share at this time."

The police report obtained from the university shows Prevost has not previously commited any crimes.

The arrest type is listed as a "Crime In Progress" and the crime labeled a first degree felony in the state of Ohio. The police obtained a number of items from Prevost's room to submit as evidence in the investigation including "a can of Natural Light beer", a "used condom", electronics, as well as clothing and bedding.

We will continue to update this story as more details become available

Ohio State