Ohio State ranked one of the top 100 schools in the world

We beat Clemson

As if we needed reminding, we have officially been declared one of the top 100 universities in the world.

QS World University Rankings conducted a study judging the best universities across the globe. There are an estimated 26,000 universities in the world and The Ohio State University placed 86th.

Rising two spots from our place of 88th last year, we also came out ahead of rivals like University of Alabama (#651-700) and Clemson University (#701-750). Most notably, we placed above the Ivy League school Dartmouth, which came in at just 169th.

Claiming the top 3 spots for another consecutive year are undoubtedly Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, and Harvard University.

QS World University Rankings bases their scores on the expert opinions of 75,015 academics and 40,455 employers. They also analyzed institutional research impact, a category in which The Ohio State University ranked “very high” among leading competitors. The publication is known as the definitive guide of global university rankings.

Ohio State