Praise Jesus! Chick-Fil-A might finally be coming to Ohio State

This is the most religious experience I’ve ever had

Rejoice! The first good thing has come out of Ohio State’s renovation plans. Chick-Fil-A has submitted a design package to the University Area Review Board. If approved, the most heavenly food chain will be located inside The Wellington, a new six-story apartment building currently being constructed between 16th and 17th Avenues on High Street.

For years, the closest Chick-Fil-A to Ohio State’s campus was a 20 minute drive away in Hilliard, Ohio. Now students will only have to walk a few minutes to get their chicken fix.

According to the design package, the new Chick-Fil-A would be around 4,000 square feet and have an outside eating area along High Street. While there are technically eight Chick-Fil-A locations in the state, this would be the first Chick-Fil-A in Ohio to be located centrally in a city, and the only one on Ohio State’s campus.

The University Area Review Board is set to meet on Thursday to review the submission made by Chick-Fil-A and hopefully approve the new location. Until then, there will not be a projected opening date.

The Wellington is set to open in August of 2018, and with any luck, or perhaps a little deus ex machina, it will be equipped with a brand new Chick-Fil-A.

Ohio State Hide Images