BREAKING: OSU student dies after falling from Ohio Union South Garage

Ohio State student Madison Paul has died

UPDATE [2/27/19 5:48 pm]: Ben Johnson, an OSU spokesperson, released a statement regarding the incident that happened at the Ohio Union South Garage early this afternoon. In the statement, he reported that the student died after being taken to the Wexner Medical Center in critical condition. Johnson also identified the student who was involved as Madison Paul, a freshman Neuroscience major at the University. Ohio State has contacted her parents.

The statement reads in full: “We are heartbroken to learn that the student who fell from the Ohio Union South Garage today has died. On behalf of the entire community, our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Madison Paul. We have reached out to offer our support and condolences to Madison’s parents. Counseling is available for those affected by this tragedy: 614-292-5766.”

A female Ohio State student has been transported to the Wexner Medical Center in critical condition after reportedly falling off the Ohio Union South garage early Monday afternoon.

According to a tweet sent out from the OSU Police, they are actively investigating the incident and do not believe that foul play was involved.

Student surrounding the scene reported seeing or hearing the student fall from the parking garage as they passed by.

Ohio State