It’s official: Midway is one of the best trash bars in America

Like we didn’t already know

The Tab asked you to vote on the best trash college bar in America, and it’s no surprise that Midway ranked pretty high on the list. Over 7,000 people voted for the best trash bar and Midway ranked number three for trashiest bar in America.

Here is the list of the top ten best trash college bars according to the vote.

1. Fat Daddy’s at University of Florida
  2. The Pickle at UW- Eau Claire
  3. Midway at Ohio State
  4. Pot’s at Florida State
  5. Red Shed at UW- Madison
  6. Nephews at Texas State
  7. Nickel at UCONN
  8. The Boot at Tulane
  9. Phyrst at at Penn State
  10. The Union Bar at Iowa

The description of Midway on the voting page appeared as shown below.

Nestled right across from the Ohio Union, everyone always knows Midway is the place to be any night they’re open. From their Tuesday $1 wells and $1 bombs deals to half off everything on Thursdays, Midway understands we’re all poor college students. Sure, the bathrooms are always absolutely disgusting and the girls’ bathroom is a million times worse than the guys. But you just gotta love it. They even sometimes get special guest DJs after they do their shows at the Newport. They have a stage to dance on, which has become known as “whore island.” Somehow it’s so popular that even in the depths of winter when it’s freezing outside, a line extends around the high street with hopeful students trying to get in.

Be sure to come out to Midway and thank your bartenders, security guys, bar backs and all other staff for being one of the best.

Featured Image: 1870 Mag

Ohio State