UPDATE: Missing Ohio State found in critical condition after being struck by train in Canada

His sister told The Tab Max is ‘safe’ and said he will eventually be OK after being struck by a train last night

UPDATE [1:42pm]: Max’s sister, Pauline Rinthara, confirmed to The Tab Ohio State that he was involved in a train accident on Wednesday night in Milton, Ontario, Canada. According to news reports, Max was on the tracks of the Canadian National railway at around 11:30pm when he was struck. He was transported to the Hamilton General Hospital with “life-altering” injuries but police say he will survive.

Pauline said Max had surgery early this morning and is now “stable but in the ICU.” He is scheduled for another surgery tomorrow.

Pauline described her brother as “safe” and in “good hands” and said he will eventually be OK. She is working on getting him transferred back to The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.

Ohio State student and CABS employee, Natenon ‘Max’ Tongtae, has been found in Canada after going missing on February 8th.

After leaving his job on early last Wednesday, he was reported as being seen last in Pittsburgh, PA around 7:30pm that same day. His sister told The Tab Ohio State that is was “completely out of character” for her brother to do this and to be out of contact with his family.

On February 13th, Max was reported to have been in Windsor, Ontario according to bank statements. The very next day, witnesses at the restaurant where the card was used alleged that it was Tongtae to use the card. Detectives then worked on obtaining video footage from the restaurant to confirm that it was Tongtae for sure.

According to Pauline Rinthara’s post, Max crossed the Canadian Border on Friday 10th. After a telephone call with her brother, Pauline described his state as “completely out of it” and “not himself.”

Police stopped Max at a truck stop before he called his sister, telling her he was “traveling to visit someone.”

Max was allegedly headed to Montreal, so his sister is asking anyone that could be of help to get in contact with the police.

Max has not yet returned home, but Pauline’s post states that he is in “good hands.”

More to follow.

Ohio State