#ToosdayForTokes fundraiser raises over 11,000 dollars for the family of Reagan Tokes

The grand total was $11,015.44 all to go to the Tokes family

It’s only been a week since Reagan Tokes was first reported missing, and students began rallying together to support the family through various fundraisers. Last night, the fundraiser for her family held at the on-campus bar Too’s Under High proved to surpass expectations.

When we talked to Scott Ellsworth about the fundraiser held at Too’s on Valentine’s Day, he had high expectations for the event, hoping to raise a substantial amount of money for the Tokes family, whose daughter had been a Too’s regular during her time at Ohio State.

Well, big does not even begin to describe it. The Tokes family will receive $11,015.44, raised in just one night from the #ToosdayForTokes fundraiser. For being “just a dive bar in a basement,” Too’s really went above and beyond what was required of them. The small basement was packed for the event, and the line to get into the bar was wrapped around the building.

In addition to the money raised through student drink sales, another regular at the bar, Joe Roszman, pledged to match the all of the Jim Beam sales, according to this tweet from Too’s.

Scott Ellsworth said to us in a previous interview, “we rally together when shit gets bad,” and he wasn’t wrong. The Ohio State community certainly came out last night to show their support for the family during their time of loss.

Ohio State