Ezekiel Elliott’s father releases statement regarding accusations against his son

Former Buckeye and Dallas Cowboys running back has been accused of domestic violence against a former live-in girlfriend

Former Buckeye and Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been accused of domestic violence by Tiffany Thompson, a former live-in girlfriend who posted pictures of herself on Instagram with multiple bruises, the second set of photos containing Elliott’s Instagram handle.

TMZ Sports has allegedly attained the police report filed Friday morning to the Columbus PD. Thompson claims to have been assaulted by Elliott “while sitting in the driver’s seat of her parked vehicle.” She mentioned “pain in her wrist and a red mark,” but turned down medical treatment when officers came to the scene.

After four witnesses denied witnessing an incident, Elliott was not arrested. He refuted the assault allegation while stating that he and Thompson never lived together.

A tweet by Mike Leslie of WFAA says that according to a Cowboys source, Elliott has saved text messages “on his phone proving his ex-girlfriend is trying to set him up.”

This afternoon Ezekiel Elliott’s father, Stacy Elliott released a statement regarding the accusations against his son. He denies any wrongdoing on his son’s part and expresses his confidence that the truth “will reveal the falsity of these claims.”

“The reported allegations and Internet postings regarding our son are completely false. Ezekiel has done nothing wrong. The police have investigated this matter and eyewitnesses have verified the lack of any wrongdoing. The actual evidence in this matter clearly indicates what the real motivation was behind the police being called. We are confident that when the truth comes to light it will reveal the falsity of these claims. Ezekiel has been fully cooperative with the police and will continue to do so—along with cooperating with the NFL—moving forward.”

More information to follow.

Ohio State