How this OSU sophomore became a formal bachelorette

Jasmine has been given potential boyfriend proposals and offered flights to other formals

Last week an Ohio State sophomore girl by the name of Jasmine Wright was invited to the TKE formal, just one week before the event by a friend, George, whose date had flaked.

Two days before the event, following the week that Jasmine spent slaving away on the cooler, George had to cancel on her.

So, now left with an amazing formal cooler, what is the poor girl to do?

Jasmine told The Tab all about how she became the coolest (get it) bachelorette.

Jasmine and Sam, the final standing bachelor

Jasmine took her beautifully decorated cooler to the Facebook group Cooler Connection to first thank her friends for helping her make the cooler and her post “When he flakes” and to start a mission to find any TKE guy willing to take her to the formal. Since her post, she has become known as “the Greek Bachelorette” and is taking social media by storm in efforts to land a date to the formal.

Jasmine’s original date did not seem pleased with her cooler with a simple “lol” reply, so she in turn (admitting this was part in spite) asked for his friend’s number in her first attempt to get herself and the cooler to formal. Jasmine also contacted a Tinder match who was in need of a date. At this point we have two potential dates to formal.

The ladies of Cooler Connection were on board and searching high and low to determine who would get “The Final Cooler.” Things got so intense that voting on potential dates was set up thanks to Jasmine creating a Google Doc to keep the public updated with the votes, what the guys were saying and information on said potential dates.

When Sam was chosen to get “The Final Cooler”

Since setting out on her mission, Jasmine has been given potential boyfriend proposals, offered flights to other formal, and even connected the women of Cooler Connection (which is a Facebook group of 84,000 ladies), and even has George anxious to see who she picks.

Jasmine also tweeted out an “advertisement” in the hopes of getting someone to take her and her cooler to formals which in turn got 100+ retweets and likes, including a retweet from OSU’s TKE chapter.

Since all of this, Jasmine has admitted that she really just wanted to use her cooler and her weekend off, but what she is most thankful for is all of the girls that she was able to connect with online in this fun version of GDI “Coolerette in Paradise.”

Jasmine and Sam will be off to Gatlinburg for the Sigma Phi formal this weekend! Let’s hope he was worthy of that killer cooler.

Ohio State