If Ohio State bars were your friends

Because as much as you love your BFF Jennifer, she is totally Bullwinkles when she’s hammered

New semester, same bars. With recruitment died down and the temperature plummeting, we’re often asking ourselves this big question on Friday and Saturday: “Is it too cold to go out?”

While some of us are a bit more logical than others, the bar scene has proven that a little windchill doesn’t stop us from visiting our weekend best friends, I mean the bars…

And here I give you a list of some of the campus area bars and how they match up to a friend we all have because you know damn well you can name a person for each of the following descriptions.

The O patio

To some, we call this “fratio” and you can guess why. Your frat friend loves the O and their liquid dope.

The O friend is the one in the salmon shorts, button down shirt and, yep you guessed it, Sperry’s. Sometimes when it’s sunny he’s got on a Polo hat and a golf shirt and when it’s cold you bet he’s got on his LL Bean boots and vest.

We love to hate this guy, but you know after a pitcher or two the next round is on him.

Too’s spirits under high

This is you’re most loyal friend who will never judge you. You can call them up for a nice Toosday and know they won’t hesitate to meet you there within the hour. You always feel a little tingle of excitement when you’re with the Too’s friend and even though their drunk singing along to the live music is off key, you both sound horrible together and love every second of standing shoulder to shoulder in that lovely basement. #savetoos

Big Bar

The young, naive Big Bar friend. This friend is either underage or lacks the somewhat “good” ID to get in pretty much anywhere else. They take their marked hands straight to the bathroom when they get there to wash them off and hope the bartender doesn’t notice the faded “X” on each hand. This friend can typically be a first semester freshman who knows very little about bars so forgive them. P.S. the shot girls like tips other than you trying to steal the shots off their trays.

Ethyl & Tank

This can be a multitude of friends. Your nacho loving friend or your “what beer do you have on draft?” friend, because Ethyl has a pretty good selection when compared to the other bars of High Street. The Ethyl friend also loves to brunch and have a Bloody Mary with their Sunday brunch, after attending church of course.

Plaza

One word: MARGARITAS.

Your Plaza friend lives for the beat the clock margarita deals every week for two reasons: it’s cheap as hell and TEQUILA. Tequila is the friend that brings the two of you together for a crazy ass night every time. And you don’t care what anyone says, the margaritas at Plaza are 100 times better than any other campus place. HANDS DOWN.

Bullwinkles

The friend you lose every time you go out. Bullwinkle’s can often be the black hole of your night, and you have a love/hate relationship with it.

Your Bullwinkles friend goes missing throughout the night and you can’t find her because of the flashing lights and massive crowd. She’s eventually found in one of two places: the bathroom or in the Photo Booth with people you have no idea how she ran into.

Ugly Tuna

NOT your ugly friend by any means. This friend appreciates a good happy hour that runs Monday- Friday. This friend also feels classy AF getting double Long Islands and tries to get as many as possible in that two hour window. Sometimes, say after a tough as shit week, you guys will get fishbowls and just love life. So many blurry but trying to be all best friend like pictures end up on both your snapchat stories but it’s nothing out of the ordinary for this friend.

Ohio State