Macaron Day NYC was an epic way to end Spring Break

Holy crap, that was tasty

We dread the last day of break. It means flying back into the city, getting back to work, more midterms, this list could go on. But, if Macaron Day NYC and that list are on the same day, and you so happen to be in the city on that day, then that day isn’t so bad. For me, since it was still officially vacation, it meant another day of all-out desserts, as well as travels to pretty much every major point in Manhattan between Chambers and 60 Sts. I also beat the snow, so I was mentally cheering before the work phase started.

Macaron Day means that between certain hours, participating bakeries offer one free macaron per person while the free supply lasts. The fun for me began at Woops! BakeShop on Worth St, which, despite not having the softest shells of the 13 I had, has beautiful peanut butter macarons.

That same bake shop at the 2 Av location has a more interesting variety of flavors than the Worth St location does. There, discovered for the first time that coffee-flavored anything can actually be really good. But still, after 13 macarons in under 6 hours, I reserve the award for best one to Bouchon Bakery, which can be found in Rockefeller Plaza. They served up a cookies and cream flavor which not only tastes delicious, but also melts in your mouth in seconds.

Coffee flavor that’s actually awesome

Finishing Spring Break at a familiar desert spot. Caramel

On the flip side, my least favorite of those I had today was at Bosie Tea Parlour in West Village. While not all fillings will be created equal, I expected the raspberry filling to taste a lot better than it did. The shells could’ve also been better.

Bonus: I burned off all those macarons just by walking a ton, so no need for anything unusual at the gym on Monday.

NYU