Interviewing die-hard Shia LaBeouf fans in line for his latest cinema stunt

‘[We’ve been waiting for] three and a half hours’

Yesterday at 12pm, Shia LaBeouf sat down to begin his 72 hour marathon of his own movies at the Angelika Film Center.

The catch? Anyone can come and sit down and watch with him… for free no less.

Thus began the fan hysteria and my three day investigation into the lengths people will go to witness LaBeouf’s latest performance piece.
This was the line at around 9pm yesterday evening — the ushers were letting people in two at a time, without mentioning a maximum amount of time they would have to spend in the theater.

So I first asked some people at the back of the line, who were so close yet so far, how they were feeling:“I’m shitting myself about being in the same room as him,” said Elise Anderson

“Shia, Marry me?” added Aimee Wu. (To which Elise responded with a simple “No” and a glare).

“[It’s] just a really cool experience. One for the books,” said Wany B, an NYU student.

I then ventured to the front of the line and met fans with what can only be described as incredible dedication.
“[We’ve been waiting for] three and a half hours,” said Isabelle Serrao and Jeffery Delfin.

“[If I met Shia I would ask him] would you rather have another arm but no hand or another leg and no foot?” added inquisitive Isabelle Serrao. Well, that it’s one way to make an impression.

“[If I met Shia I could ask him] what are you up to in the next hour?” said Jeffery Delfin.

With approximately 48 hours remaining, the former child star will be forced to relive every one of his silver screen moments, including Transformers 1-3, Holes and The Even Stevens Movie.

Catch the livestream if you’re interested in watching his face morph into easily the most depressing expression imaginable whenever a Transformers movie starts.

NYU Allmymovies Angelika NYC NYU Shia The Tab