Everything freshmen at Notre Dame now know

‘Catching a feve’ isn’t some weird virus

Class of 2019, as we near the end of our first year of college, I think it is safe to say that we have learned a lot, and I’m not just talking about everything we learned in Moreau.

As wizened, almost-sophomores, a few months older than we were a few months ago, we know a little more about life and the way things work now than we did last August.

Here are some things that we have learned, but probably would not work on a resume.

Was this taken in May or December? The world may never know

South Bend weather is totally unpredictable, and nothing to joke about. Snowy one day and 75 and sunny the next? We have learned not to pack up our snow boots and winter jackets until the very last second.

We know how not to look like freshmen. I think it’s pretty safe to say that it’s easier to blend in if you don’t wear a lanyard with your keys around your neck and the signature Class of 2019 Fitbit.

As young, naïve high schoolers, when people caught a fever on a Thursday night, it might have been the flu or a cold. Now we know Feve isn’t just an illness, although it’s probably extremely easy to get sick at Michiana’s hottest nightclub. On another note, Club Hes is nowhere near as fun as it sounds.

As students at a conservative, Catholic institution, it has been ingrained in us that midnight on weeknights means parietals, the magical hours where no boys are allowed in girls’ dorms and vice versa. People at other colleges have an extremely difficult time understanding this concept, and don’t know why we haven’t rioted yet…(this is probably why they are attending the Florida State and Alabama’s of the world and not ND).

You know what sunset means….t-4ish hours until parietals

After nearly eight months of living on campus, we know which dining hall is better. NDH or SDH is no laughing matter. People take their dining halls very seriously. Pretty much the only thing South had going for them was the apple slices, and now that they have them in North, there’s no reason to go to SDH. Ever.

But most importantly, we know that we are extremely lucky to be able to call THE University of Notre Dame home, and it doesn’t get any better than that.

Notre Dame University