Get to know Fusion Dance Crew, the only hip hop club sport at NC State

They are known for their ‘diversity in both culture and style of dance’

Among the many clubs at NC State, Fusion, a hip hop dance crew, is making a name for itself.

This club is proud to be the only club at NC State of its kind, with approximately 40 members this semester. According to their director Paige Seidenberg, they are known for their "diversity in both culture and style of dance" since being formed in 2002.

WELCOME FALL NEWBIES!! We are so excited to kick off the season with you all! YAY????

A post shared by Fusion Dance Crew (@ncsu_fusion) on Sep 14, 2017 at 6:03pm PDT

We talked to Paige about what makes Fusion unique and where we can witness their talents in action.

What makes Fusion Dance Crew different from other dance clubs?

We try to constantly grow ourselves and learn as much as we can.

What kind of events do you perform at?

We perform at events on and off campus. We have done Packapalooza, pep rallies, showcases and competitions.

Can you describe the group in 3 words?

Passionate, family and motivated.

Fusion at the fair!! #fusionlove ??

A post shared by Fusion Dance Crew (@ncsu_fusion) on Oct 15, 2017 at 2:11pm PDT

Who is in charge of Fusion?

We have an executive board. Director, me. Assistant Director, Rebecca Eskalis. Co-choreographers Matthew Wright and Alex Olosu. Social Chair, Amy Hinds and treasurer, Keturah Postell.

How long have you been a member?

I have been a member since my freshman year, this is my fourth and final year on the team.

Fusion is competing in a bracket style competition where college teams from across the country go head to head to make a dance video to a given song. Each week is a new song and new challenge and famous choreographers and videographers judge the videos.

Why should people vote for you?

Judge scores account for 90% and fan votes account for 10%. Red bull hosts this competition every year and this is the first year we have participated. If we make it through this round, we will make it to semifinals.

When is Fusion's next performance?

Our next performance is this Sunday at 'NC State's Best Dance Crew' which will be held in Stuart theater.

To vote for Fusion Dance Crew in the Red Bull Bracket Reel, click here. Help them represent Wolfpack Nation!

North Carolina State University