Pop the champagne! NC State football is finally ranked in the AP Top 25

Someone pinch me

The football gods have smiled upon Ryan Finley and the NCSU football team this season and it's resulted in the Wolfpack finally being ranked in the AP and USA Today Top 25 for the first time since 2010.

And we're not even the last spot: we ranked 24!

I'm slightly afraid if I blink, this glorious moment will be over.

The Pack is scheduled to play Louisville at home on Thursday. It's important to note we haven't won a home game against another top 25 team since 1992.

At Monday's press conference, Coach Doeren said, "Thursday night we will have two top 25 teams fighting on national television, tremendous opportunity and challenge for both teams."

This is the first time the team has been ranked under Dave's leadership. “We are happy to be recognized for the progress our program has made,” Doeren said in an official statement. “That said, our focus will stay the same: improving each and every day and focusing only on the game ahead.”

The theme for the Thursday night game is blackout, so Wolfpack fans make sure you plan accordingly and don't show up in red that could be confused for the Cardinals' colors. It's also supposed to be a full moon, which is when wolves prefer to hunt, right?

North Carolina State University