Prepare yourself – LimeBike is taking over NCSU’s campus

The cycling sensation you’ve been waiting for

Since the start of Fall semester, these bright green bikes have been popping up on every block. This is because NC State has teamed up with LimeBike to provide students with an alternative method of travel.

This new company is unique because they have no required docking stations and the exchanges happen through a simple to use app.

The best part? Your first ride is free and a 30-minute ride is only $0.50 for NCSU students and faculty.

Warning: if you park a bike outside of class and expect to find it there when you get back, don't be so sure. Anyone can scan the code and take the bike when it's parked.

Perhaps the most important impact LimeBike has made on NCSU's student body is the way it has brought together all of our meme enthusiasts for one, unified cause.

Wolfpack Students already started to compile a nuanced collection of LimeBike memes, and one can only assume this is just the beginning.

There's even a LimeBike gathering coming up in the Brickyard on September 8th called The Great LimeBike Migration. Although I'm struggling to figure out the point of this event, it has over 200 interested people so it must have some purpose.

Don't forget basic bike courtesy and behavior when you use these, though. Think and do, people. Think and do.

North Carolina State University