Three Raleigh cafes will transform into Luke’s Diner from Gilmore Girls on Wednesday

Lorelai would approve

Gilmore Girls fans, rejoice – you’ll finally have the opportunity to drink coffee at Luke’s Diner. Three Raleigh coffee shops are transforming into the famous diner from the series from 7am-12pm Wednesday in honor of the 16th anniversary of the series premiere.

Benelux Coffee, 42 & Lawrence and Sola Coffee Cafe will be modeled after Luke’s in the morning hours, complete with free coffee (Lorelai’s favorite vice) and other surprises.

An employee at Benelux Coffee, the closest participating cafe to NC State’s campus, said, “The company has given us hats and aprons that look like what was in the show and a temporary sign to put in our storefront.”

After the press release hinted at extra surprises at the pop-ups, a barista from 42 & Lawrence said, “We’re handing out 250 free cups of coffee and on those cups there’s going to be a quote from the show and a special surprise for the customers.”

More than 200 Luke’s Diners are expected to pop-up tomorrow, with eight locations in NC. See the full list of locations here.

Photo courtesy of Netflix

North Carolina State University