UMich offers low-cost health plan for students

The best situation to be in when midterms are killing you but you can’t afford to die

This morning, the University announced a low-cost health insurance plan available for $1,865 per year. That's like two years worth of textbooks that you won't even crack open.

This plan will be available to undergrad, graduate and international students at Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint campuses.

The plan will also cover spouses, domestic partners and children of UMich students. However, the rates do rise with added individuals.

The plan covers: clinic visits, medications, annual vision exams, hospitalization and emergency care.

To make the annual price even more painless, you can even make smaller payments to lessen the financial burden.

The Tab spoke with an insurance agent to understand just how amazing this deal is.

"The average college student under a basic plan pays around $130/month, which is cheaper per month than the plan that UMich is offering, but the outside plan doesn't include medications, emergency visits, and still has a $1,000 deductible," said Kurt Dowd, a Farm Bureau Insurance agent. "So the University's plan is a really great option."

Enrollment is super easy, and the plan even complies with the Affordable Care Act, but you must sign up by September 24th.

University of Michigan