The Tab Michigan is looking for writers

Be part of the global media franchise reaching 8 million people every month

The Tab Michigan is looking for new, hardworking writers to join our team. Our team takes pride in covering the stories you’re interested in hearing about, in a style you want to read. Anyone can write for us, no matter their major or projected career path.

You have the opportunity to join the fearless team of journalists at the University of Michigan, who are not afraid to chase after a story worth telling.

We are a student-run website prepared to give everyone a voice with our platform, and with the assistance of our Michigan Editorial team and Assistant Editors at our New York City office.

We have covered stories about the Women’s March, highlighted income disparities for students, spoke to a store owner accosted over his pro-Israel views, talked to students about their reaction to the election, and so much more.

Michigan Tab writers and editors have gone on to intern at the company, covering national events in New York, and Tab alumni are now working for Reuters, Vogue, The Guardian, BuzzFeed and The Daily Mail – and three of the four trainees at the Daily Telegraph last year were Tab editors.

The Tab is a global news network comprised of professional and student journalists, reaching an audience of 8 million readers every month. We have websites at over 70 universities around the United States, and The Tab Michigan has consistently been one of The Tab’s top teams. You’ll also have the opportunity to apply for internships at The Tab’s New York City HQ, and to write for The Tab’s verticals, including Babe, one of the largest women’s websites in the world.

To find out about joining The Tab Michigan, come to our mass meeting this Sunday, January 29th, at 2pm in Mason Hall, room 3330, where pizza will be provided, or check out our Facebook page.

University of Michigan