An ESPN analyst completely ripped apart Michigan’s fanbase

Paul Finebaum called us ‘pathetic’ and ‘from another planet’

ESPN sports analyst Paul Finebaum had some pretty choice words for Michigan football fans on his radio show this past Tuesday.

When asked about the rivalry between Michigan and Ohio State, Finebaum said, “There’s no comparison between Ohio State and Michigan fans. Ohio State fans are very knowledgeable people. They understand. They are supportive. Michigan fans are from another planet. I’ve dealt with a lot of Ohio State fans, particularly a couple years ago after the Buckeyes beat Alabama. Ohio State fans at least know what they’re talking about.”

Finebaum continued, “I’ve yet to meet a Michigan fan that has a sense of humor about his program, that has an ounce of objectivity in their body.”

He questioned the recent surge of optimism regarding Michigan’s prospects for the rest of the year, calling Michigan fans “some of the most unrealistic people I’ve ever encountered.” He argued that Jim Harbaugh “is a good coach, but he hasn’t done anything at Michigan yet.”

The analyst compared Harbaugh to the beloved Bo Schembechler, pointing out that the greatest Michigan coach in the past 40 years has never won a national championship.

This isn’t the first time Finebaum has made pointed remarks about the Wolverines. Back in September, Finebaum called Michigan fans “a whining and sniveling bunch,” and asked a caller, “Is there a more pathetic fan base in America than the University of Michigan?” And in June, he called Harbaugh “a cartoon character.”

Finebaum finished up the segment by calling Ann Arbor “a town that I skip in the future.” Considering his comments, it’s safe to say he wouldn’t be a very welcome visitor.

University of Michigan