Wolverine Makeouts Instagram account targets local sorority

Whoever is running @umichmakeouts has it out for AGD for no reason

About three weeks ago, an Instagram account by the name of “umichmakeouts” followed me. I immediately laughed and said to myself, “I need to follow this account.”

As I scrolled through the Instagram, I enjoyed the endless pictures of people making out on game days and during mixers and often recognized my friends, making it all the better.

However, this funny account is starting to involve itself in sorority life, specifically targeting one sorority. It has posted pictures with captions describing what they believe to be the social hierarchy and ranking of UMich sororities, which begs the question for the moderator(s) of the account: who do you think you are?

The rude remarks continued in other captions, again targeting one specific sorority for seemingly no reason.

This is just starting to get so middle school. Why is this account concerning itself with the lives of others like this? It was all fun and games when they were poking fun at the drunk, sloppiness of all UMich students, but when an account is spending time actively targeting a group of girls, it no longer seems harmless.

And yet the hate continues.

In response, Panhel has reportedly begun reaching out to sororities to address this issue and try to stop the account from spreading its influence, but, of course, this now infamous Instagram account has used this information as further motivation to tear down sorority life and their main target in a recent post.

At the end of the day, this account is continuously posting about social rankings  and hierarchy, but is annoyed when people complain about it. What do you expect? It “saddens” you what “Greek life has become with girls leaning so much towards pretension and appearances,” yet your account perpetuates these same stereotypes, using rude captions that target sorority girls and their behaviors with zero basis.

We’re adults in college, so why do the user(s) of this account feel the need to target sorority girls? Got rejected back in the day and just can’t let go?

University of Michigan