Milo Yiannopoulos is coming to the Umich campus

He has been banned from speaking at multiple universities across the UK

Controversial British journalist Milo Yiannopoulos will be coming to Michigan on Tuesday, February 23rd, as part of his Dangerous Faggot Tour.

He will be debating with Julie Bindel, freelance journalist and self-proclaimed “radical lesbian feminist” from 7-9pm in the second Floor Ballroom of the League. Their debate is titled, “Does modern feminism have a problem with free speech?”

Described by his allies as “Digital Media’s Citizen Kane” and “the Kanye West of journalism“, Milo made his name speaking out against feminism, calling rape culture as much fantasy as Harry Potter, and dubbing October 18th “World Patriarchy Day”.

In January 2016, Twitter unverified him, apparently on the basis that many of his tweets constituted “abusive behavior and hateful conduct” which violates Twitter’s relatively recent rules against hate speech.

The Dangerous Faggot Tour was scheduled for over 20 appearances in 2015 and 2016, mostly at colleges across the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and Europe.

He spoke at Rutgers University earlier this week, and was met by fierce protests from Black Lives Matter and campus feminist groups.

Five dates have been cancelled, four of which because he was banned from the scheduled university.

A debate with the same motion between Yiannopoulos and Bindel at Manchester University in the UK was cancelled last year.

University of Michigan