Miles Bridges, Nick Ward are leaving for the NBA

RIP Michigan State Basketball

Miles Bridges put an announcement on Twitter yesterday stating that he is leaving MSU for the NBA 2018 draft. He will be signing with Rich Paul and Klutch Sports. In his announcement, he thanked those who had helped him during his time at the university.

"God couldn't have placed me in a better place for these last two years," Bridges said in his announcement. "I wanna thank Coach Izzo and the rest of the coaching staff for giving a skinny a kid from Flint a chance to play at such a legendary program."

Bridges could have gone into the draft after his freshman year, but chose to return because of his love for the university, coining his now famous quote, "it's not about me, it's about us."

According to Tom Izzo, Bridges doesn't regret his choice to stay despite the unexpected outcome of the season.

In a statement made by Tom Izzo, the Men's Basketball coach, he thanked Bridges for how he represented MSU and the team.

"He's given us everything we could ask for and so much more," Izzo said. "Miles is a mature young man who has excelled on the court and has been an exemplary student. I think he's ready to handle being a pro basketball player both on and off the court."

Today, Nick Ward announced through the university that he also will be entering the NBA draft, but without an agent. This allows him to weigh his options in the NBA with the ability to withdraw and return to Michigan State. Tom Izzo also supports Ward's decision to explore the draft.

"He has continued to improve and worked very hard over the last two years to put himself in this position," Izzo said in a statement. "The process will allow him to receive direct feedback and an assessment as to where he stands in his dream to play at the highest level."

The MSU community has started to react on social media to the players decision to draft.

Michigan State