Former MSU Dean William Strampel has been arrested

Larry Nassar’s former boss allegedly faces multiple undisclosed charges

William Strampel, Larry Nassar's former boss and the former Dean of MSU's College of Osteopathic Medicine, has been arrested. He is being held in Ingham County jail with no specific charge information yet listed.

Strampel had resigned from his position at MSU in December, citing "health reasons." He was notably the first MSU official to step down following Larry Nassar’s sentencing.

While the charges have not yet been disclosed, sources have reportedly told the Detroit Free Press that Strampel faces "multiple charges" – at least one felony and other various misdemeanors, according to the sources.

Last month, MSU Interim President John Engler began the process of stripping Strampel of his tenure. His primary reason for doing so, according to an internal MSU letter, was “Dr. Strampel’s failure to monitor and enforce clinical practice guidelines put in place for former doctor Larry Nassar."

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette is scheduled to share an update about the investigation into MSU during a press conference today at noon.

Updates to follow.

Michigan State