Here’s how students spent their summer vacation in Michigan

I’m not ready for 8am classes yet

When school is out, everyone scatters back to their respective hometowns to make the best out of their vacation before the impending school year comes back around. Whether that be working 40 hours a week like some of us (I’m so tired), doing study abroad, or relaxing by the poolside, every story is different.

That’s why I set out on a mission to see just what different individuals have made of their free time.  So I asked them one simple question: “What’s the best thing you’ve done all Summer?”

Andre, 19

Just working.

Bri, 19

My greatest thing was connecting with friends in Lansing and Detroit that I haven’t seen since the school year ended.

Jamari, 19

I’ve been catching up with old friends.

Rachel, 19

A group of friends and I went to Kalahari for the night and we had a lot of fun and made a lot of memories.

Emari, 19

I got my first apartment.

Cameron, 18

I toured Eastern Michigan University.

Tamisha, 19

Going to the Prince Royce concert.

Aaron, 21

“I had an internship in downtown Detroit for a company called Altria.”

Taylor, 21

I did an internship in Atlanta for Ford Motor Company.

If you ask me, everyone had a pretty great vaca! Some made money, some built their resume, and some  made great memories with friends. You don’t have to do something extraordinary to have a great Summer, all that matters is that you get some quality “me-time” before you have to hit the books once again.

Now I want to hear from you: What’s the best thing YOU’VE done this Summer?.

Michigan State