The Tab MSU brings you our favorite holiday songs

Our top song choices for this holiday season

As the weather is getting colder and snow is coming, winter break cannot come any sooner here at Michigan State. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your time on campus in these next short weeks. Here are the top songs you need to make your Christmas playlists merrier and your walks to class a little bit more joyful.

All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey 

Whether you have that “special someone” or not, this hot track is undeniably a classic Christmas song. Although many have put their own special twist on this Christmas original, I am pretty sure that we all can agree that Mariah Carey’s is the best, since she did produce it. And, as one of the top holiday songs of all time and the 11th best-selling single of all time, this tune will definitely have you singing along, all the way to December 25th.

Hallelujah – Pentatonix

This new song on the group’s recently-released album, “A Pentatonix Christmas”, is filled with perfect harmonies that embody what the holiday season is all about. Pentatonix, who rose to fame in 2011, also have another Christmas album, “That’s Christmas to Me”, with hits including “Silent Night” and “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”. So, no matter what your favorite song this winter season may be, Pentatonix is definitely a must to have on your Christmas playlist.

Michael Bublé – It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas

Okay, let’s be real. Michael Bublé has undoubtedly been a well-liked, familiar face when it comes to Christmas music in the past few years. His album, “Christmas” is filled with many classics that excite all people for the holidays. And, his version of “It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas” will make the quickly-approaching snow here on campus a little bit more bearable.

Nat King Cole – The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)

This song reminds me of being home on Christmas Eve, candles lit while patiently waiting for my mom to be done making dinner. It also welcomes memories of family and the importance of it around the holidays. Nat King Cole is a definite important artist to have on your Spotify playlist this month, hoping to bring out the magic of the holidays and family for the weeks to come.

Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5

This is a classic that will for sure have you groovin’ to your 8AM. The soul from the young and late Michael Jackson makes their cover of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” a lively track that makes studying for final exams less stressful and the eager wait to go home for the holidays fun.

No matter how old you are, there is never an age too old enough to listen to Christmas songs. These are just a few of the many songs we picked for you to listen to during the holidays. So, whether you’re in your dorm or walking to class, open Spotify or Pandora, find your own favorite Christmas songs, turn up the volume, and get into the spirit of the holidays here at MSU.

Michigan State